Tuesday 1 July 2014

Easiest brownies ever.

Everyone has their own Brownies recipe, I know I do and I know the recipe I have is one the best for grown ups. But I'm not sharing that with you today! Yes, cruel but I have another recipe to share because I saw it the other day and just thought, "No Way!".
Nutella Brownies using only 2 ingredients (I know!).

 I first came across this when I was on Instagram and one of the pastry chefs I follow (Will Torrent) had posted up a photo of some brownies he made and said he had made them with just eggs and a jar of Nutella. Naturally this got my head going over and over as to how the hell that was possible. I mean, how would you achieve the brownies texture with just eggs and chocolate spread?
After trawling through the net for this recipe it seems that they all use the same method of whisking the eggs until they reach the ribbon stage. Still sceptical but a total sucker for quick and easy recipes I decided this recipe needed to be tried and tested.
So the result? Not the same texture as your usual brownies but they still taste good and would satisfy any chocolate craving. Best part? No added sugar and gluten free! I think this will be useful if I ever needed to make a gluten free chocolate cake, but for a brownies recipe I will just stick to my favourite one.
A whole cup of yummy Nutella

For those who are just as intrigued as I was, try it out and let me know what you think.


Ingredients

1 cup of Nutella
4 medium eggs

Method

  •  Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees (Celsius).
  • Whisk eggs until they triple in volume and reach the "ribbon" stage.
  • Warm the Nutella in the microwave until it is a very smooth consistency - Best to heat it in 5-10sec intervals so you don't scorch the spread.
  • With the whisk still running, pour the spread in to the egg in a steady stream and stop as soon as it has all been incorporated.
  • Pour the mixture in to a lined baking tin - preferably an 8x8 inch tin.
  • Bake in the oven for about 30-35 mins.
The top will be crispy and it may sink slightly once cool.
  • Take it out and cool on a rack completely before cutting in to squares.
It certainly looks the part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments on my posts, I love feedback! I moderate them to filter out any spam.